Electrification in logistics
The electrification of transport does not happen by itself. But with the ambition of numerous Dutch cities to introduce zero-emissions zones (ZEZ) and the goal of the European Union towards being emission-free by 2050, electrification will happen at a rapid pace. This means that there will be growing demand for electric vehicles and increasing need to invest in EV charging infrastructure. In order to support the sustainability efforts, the following must be considered:
- How and when will I charge and is there sufficient charging infrastructure at locations?
- What is the required battery size for a truck and/or fleet?
- How many deliveries can be made in which area and does this apply to all types of transport operations? Which variables should I take into account?
- How to monitor an EV fleet?
- How much does it cost to switch to a full EV fleet? What factors must be considered for maintenance; what are the depreciation periods and residual values?
In this webinar, we dive deeper into all these questions and look at the transition solutions currently available to electrify logistics transport.
René Bruijne - Business Development @Simacan
Sanne Aelfers - Sustainable logistics | Senior Consultant | MASTERING FLOW @Districon
Hans Binnendijk - Product Manager @Scania Benelux
Peter Damen - Creating e-mobility solutions @EQUANS